Wednesday 28 August 2019




In the dictionary, Happiness is the state of being happy and contented. Everyone has their own definition of happiness. I also have my own understanding and definition about it. For me, happiness is when I do what I want to do, when I fulfil my dreams, and when I cross out the negativity in my life. It is the feeling that comes over me if I know that my life is in good state.

In the poem Desiderata by Max Ehrman, it is all about reminding people to treat others kindly, to accept who they are, and who you are, lastly is be gentle to ourselves. In this poem, I need to learn the part wherein being gentle to oneself is important. I was too harsh to myself, I always think of others first before me without minding all the pain that it made me go through. I am a type of person who understands a lot, who keeps on making my pride low as possible and because of that, I want to learn on making myself as my top priority. I have been too understanding and forgiving to people, but I can’t understand myself and forgive myself for all the wrong doings I did. Aside from that is, I also need to learn how to let go of the toxic people in my life. I am having a hard time in doing this, for the reason that this people was once a positive human beings, and I believe in the thing called second chance. I need to learn how to choose people who is deserving and who is not.

The poem did help me, it may not help me in resolving my problems fully but it did make me realize and it made enlightenment within myself. It made me realize about that I need to think about myself too and to not always think about what others will feel.

Some says that success is the key to happiness, but I believe the other way around. Happiness is the key to success. If you’re happy, contented, and gentle to yourself there is a big possibility that you’ll succeed in life. For you already know who you really are, what you are capable of and what are your weaknesses. There are a lot of things that can help you know yourself more, and that can help you enlighten up yourself. And one of it is poems. Desiderata is one of the things that helped me out, and I will forever keep the meaning of this poem.

- By Tasha Quiachon

No comments:

Post a Comment